Messenger Systems - Text Messenger
- Power supply interruption/reconnection notification
- Monitors 8 digital inputs (can be expanded to 24)
- Counts pulses on all 8 inputs (e.g. Meter Reading)
- Built in GSM modem and antenna for transmitting data and alarms
- Mains powered (230V/110V) with rechargeable lead acid battery
- Routine cold start message to enabled mobiles to confirm readiness
- Fully re-programmable text messages for alarms
- Up to 6 mobile telephone numbers can be configured to receive
- Alarms configured to be resent up to 6 times, at programmable
- 4 expansion ports for additional (customised)I/O cards.
- Local diagnostics/configuration port
- Bi-Colour LED for activity indications
- Test button
- IP66/67 wall mount enclosure, with venting to IPX4
- Can be remotely reprogrammed over GSM.
- Plugs into existing 13 amp socket (power monitoring only)
To view a PDF of the Text Messenger Fact Sheet click on the link :: Text
Messenger Fact Sheet
The Text Messenger has the ability to
continuously monitor power supply. In the event of a power failure a text
message will be sent immediately via mobile phone. A second message will be
sent once the supply has been re-connected. Text Messenger also has the
ability to report on up to 8 additional inputs.
Standard Modem GSM 900/1800 (dual band) integrated modem. Requires a data
enabled SIM card. Antenna On board stub antenna. Can be replaced by external
antenna and lead.
- 24 x direct connections of which 12 may be opto isolated inputs.
- Type - Normally Open / Closed NO/NC is software selectable.
- Programmable activity monitor is software selectable (1-255 state
- Programmable Latching input (NO/NC) is software selectable, reset
programmable 1-255 seconds.
- Minimum time required to detect input operation (i.e. debounce) 20 ms
- Directly connected inputs Non-isolated, switched to zero volts. Input
terminals High Density Connector.
- Maximum conductor size 24 awg.
- On board Event Logs Memory 100 (expandable if required).
- On board Comms Event Logs 100 (expandable if required).
- Digital Inputs - 16 programmable messages up to 32 characters each,
expandable to 48 messages.
- AC Monitoring - 2 programmable messages up to 32 characters each.
- On board Regulator Monitoring - 2 messages up to 32 characters
- Float charged battery - 2 programmable messages up to 32 characters
- Cold Start - 1 programmable message up to 32 characters .
- Site Name - 1 programmable message up to 32 characters.
- Mobile Numbers up to 3 mobile numbers configurable (must be capable of
accepting SMS text).
- Re-sends Programmable 1-6 for alarms. Interval between resends
programmable at 15, 30 or 60 minutes.
- External Supply - 230/115v ac, switch selectable, 1A fused
nominal power 100 mWatts.
- Battery specification - Double ‘D’ "Cyclon" sealed
lead acid 2.5Ah 4V 78w x 68h x 44d.
- Current consumption - Quiescent: 1 mA.
- TX/RX: 200mA to 600mA at 4V dc.
- Max. charge 800mA. Current limited by mains PTC and dc regulator.
- Rating - IP66, fitted with Vent to IPX4.
- Material - Non Flammable Polycarbonate, colour RAL 7035.
- Dimensions - 182mm (h) x 180mm (w) x 90mm (d).
- Mounting - 4 x M4 (5mm diameter) wall mounting holes. Holes located
outside watertight seal. Holes at 115mm vertical and horizontal centres.
- Standard Cable Entry - Mains: 1 x 20mm hole fitted with IP66
cable entry gland. Gland accepts cable diameters in range 5mm to 10mm.
Inputs: 1 x M25 hole fitted into IP68 cable entry gland accepts cable
diameters in range 6mm to 13mm.
- Approx. Weight (inc. modem and stub antenna) 1 Kg.
- Operational temp range –20’C to +55’C (GSM Modem) -40’C to +70’C
- Retry Algorithm (in case of failed calls/busy Host) 10
retries at approximately 1 minute intervals, per mobile.
The following are also
available :: Messenger
Configuration Kit Messenger
RSSI Measurement Kit Messenger